- Use product to help detangle – Our favorite is Soultanicals Knot Sauce Coil Detangler. Learn more about the product below. Using this product on your hair puts it in a great state for detangling. This detangler provides moisture and slip to the hair, which helps makes a stressful task like detangling, super simple. Your hair needs slip in order for your comb to go through your hair and properly detangle. The more slippery your hair is, the easier it is.
- Detangle in sections – Don’t rush when detangling your hair, sis! Take time and work in sections. Detangling your hair in sections may seem like it takes more time but it actually makes the process so much easier. Focusing on one section at a time guarantees that you’re getting all of the knots out of your hair.
- Use a wide-tooth comb – Combs with small teeth are a HUGE no. Can’t stress that enough. Just don’t do it. If you don’t own a wide-tooth comb — just use your fingers 😉
- Start with the ends – Begin detangling your hair from the ends. Hold the ends of your hair with your hand and detangle with the other hand. Once the very end is detangled, begin detangling an inch above that. Continue detangling from a point higher than the one before until the section is completely detangled! If you need to add more Knot Sauce on your hair as you work up, do it!
- Detangle before AND after shampooing – Shampoo makes your hair stick together, make sure that the hair is as separated as possible and has the least amount of shed hairs as possible before shampooing. You don’t want to have tangles in the hair and then add even more tangles by shampooing! You also want to re-separate the hair after shampooing. After rinsing out the shampoo, add conditioner to your hair and detangle!
- Detangle with CARE – Always be gentle when detangling your hair. Being rough and heavy-handed when it comes to detangling will cause nothing but pain, breakage, damage, and more pain. Take your time when detangling and be careful, especially at the ends of your hair where it is the oldest and weakest. Your hair is special! Treat it like it is!
More about The Product: Soultanicals Knot Sauce Coil Detangler is well-known in the natural haircare community as the queen of all detanglers. The much-raved about sauce enables curls and coils to become irresistibly soft, supernaturally manageable and instantly detangled. This soulful detangler is well worth the price tag. It smells AMAZING and it works as a detangler and a leave-in moisturizer.
Ingredients: Distilled Water Botanically Infused with Certified Organic Blue Malva, Nettle, Horsetail, Slippery Elm, Oatstraw, Chamomile, Coltsfoot & Marshmallow Root, Certified Organic Aloe Juice, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flaxseed Gel, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Brocolli Seed Oil, Crambe Seed Oil, Pro-Vitamin B5, Guar Gum, Algae, Coconut Nectar, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Natural, Fragrant & Essential Oil Blends, Potassium Sorbate, Black Willowbark Extract, Citric Acid
Have you tried other Soultanicals products before? Interested in trying more? Check out Soultanical and let us know what you think 🙂